In order to create a Custom Field you will need access to the Settings Tile within Administration. You will need access to the Directory as well to edit them.
- Step One *Settings*
- Click on Settings within the Administrative section of Seraphim.
- Navigate down to the Custom Fields section and select your community (this allows you to set Custom Field’s for any Small Groups you might have as well.
- Select “New Custom Field” and type in the name that you like your Custom Field to be called within Settings.
- In the Explanation text box you can type in what you want displayed within the Directory as the name of the Custom Field.
- In the type of Custom Field you can choose what kind you can work with, within the Directory. A simple checkbox, a text box to type into, a combo box to select multiple options, or a date box to indicate when the date was assigned.
Step Two *Directory*
- Custom Fields are viewable within an individual’s profile within the Directory.
- Select a person’s profile and navigate to the bottom of the main profile page and your Custom Fields will be there.
- You can also build Dynamic groups based off the criteria for your Custom Fields.