- Start by naming your station
- Select a station type from the pick list. You have the option to add a “Staffed Check-In”, “Self Check-In”, or “Volunteer Name Tags”. Select a staffed check-in if you will have a volunteer from your church identifying families and printing labels. Select “Self Check-In” if parents will be typing in their own identification. A “Volunteer Name Tags” station will print out labels for your staff members with their name and the ministry they are serving in.
- Use the two sliders to designate the starting and ending ages that this station will be used for.
You have two options for what events are visible when searching for children. This will help alleviate a cluttered screen and the potential of checking a child into the wrong service if you do check-in for your morning service as well as your evening service.
- Universal will show all events in a day.
- Station Centric will only show a specific time frame of events. You can designate that time frame by using the hours below the station centric option.
- Designate hours whether you are creating a universal or centric station.
You can give your check-in station a background photo. After navigating to the wallpaper option there will be a blue button at the top of the screen that says “Wallpaper”. Click this button. This will bring up the files on your computer. From here, navigate to the photo that you would like to make the wallpaper of you check-in station. This picture should have a resolution of 1080p (1920×1080). Either double click on this picture or single click on this photo and then select “Open” in the bottom right corner.
After selecting the label option you will see several check boxes and text boxes. This is where you will tell Seraphim what information you want to print on your check-in labels. Below are what each option will perform, starting at the top of your screen and moving toward the bottom.
- The top three options are to designate what type of labels should print at this station. Check all that apply.
- Label Header will be the text that shows at the top of your labels. Most churches use this space to say something like “Welcome to Church”.
- The next group will allow you to print different kinds of information on a child stage, dependent on their profile. For example, you have the option to print allergy information.
- Label footer is the text that is shown at the bottom of the label.
- Authentication is the method that the parent will use to authenticate himself when picking the child up.
- We also support pagers and these codes can print on the labels.
5. Authentication Methods
- Select authentication Methods and then check off the acceptable methods that a parent can identify himself at this station.
- Save your new station or the changes that you have made to an existing station.