Safe Check-in is designed to be a record of who has brought children to your church and also to ensure that children leave your church with the appropriate adult. Therefore the first and most important aspect of your safe check-in system is having good family data in your directory. This ensures that you will be able to associate the correct parent and child with one another. Once this has been completed please follow the following instructions before you start the check-in process.
1. Login to the companion app
- Follow the instructions to install your companion app.
- Open the companion app on your computer.
- Enter your login credentials into the companion app then select your community and the station you are going to be using.
- If your label printer is connected to your computer properly, a warm-up label will print.
2. Select a station
- Navigate to the “Groups” by logging in at startseraphim.com > Administration > Safe Check-In
- Select the appropriate check-in station out of the drop-down list in the top left-hand corner of the screen. (1)
3. Select an authentication method
- You have three options to authenticate parents dropping off or picking up their children. It is up to your churches discretion as to which option is an appropriate security method for your children’s ministry. The most popular and convenient option is searching by the last name. (2)
4. Check Children In
- As Children and their parents arrive, authenticate them using your previously selected method.
- Tap on the parent to turn their name green. (1)
- Select the event next to each child’s name that you are checking. Turning the box with the name and time of the event from grey to green. (2)
- Click that box then select the blue “Done” Button to check the child in. This will increase the number of children checked in, and labels will print out on your label printer. (3)
5. Add a visitor
- When a family arrives that is not in the system currently, you will need to add them to the database. You can do this from your check-in screen.
- Select the “Add Visitor” button at the top of your check-in screen.
- Before adding the children’s data add the parent’s information in the right-hand column. Then add each child one at a time, clicking “Add another Kid” after each child’s information is recorded.
- Once you have completed adding all available information click “Save” at the top of the screen.
- When you do this, labels will be printed as needed.
6. Check Children out
- When parents return to pick up their children. Use the appropriate authentication method to identify who can check out which child.
- Tap on the parent to turn his name green.
- Select the event next to each child’s name that you are checking them out from. Turning the box with the name and time of the event from green to red. (1)
- Click that box then select the blue “Done” Button to check the child out. This will take from the “Checked in” number and add that to the “checked out” number.
7. Evaluate your check-in
- You can view who is currently checked into your station by clicking on the green “Checked In” box in the middle of the screen. This will show you the adult that brought the child, child, and when they were checked in.
- You also have the option to see who has been checked out by clicking on the “Checked Out” box, which will show similar information. (2)