The church app works best when it's linking to an active Seraphim Database. You'll want to make sure that you have good data in Seraphim to contribute to the look and feel of the app. If your Seraphim data is not entered, your users may feel like the app is empty and not yet functional. Once you do this, you're ready to onboard!
Onboarding is the process by which you can get your congregants to download and start using the app.
- Click on ADMINISTRATION on the left.
- Click on the ONBOARDING tile.
In Seraphim, we onboard new users through "waves". Here, we're going to create a new wave of people to onboard. You can start by on-boarding one or two users to make sure you're comfortable with the process.
NOTE: In order to onboard a new user, they must already be in the directory.
- Click on "+ New Wave"
- Enter a wave name, such as 'Church App Onboarding'
- Next, make sure to select "CHURCH APP" under 'Wave Type'. This is very important! If you skip this step, your users won't receive the correct ChurchApp links.
- If you want to add specific users, select the BY NAME box, and start typing the name of the user you'd like to add to the wave. When you see the user's name you'd like to add in the box below, select the name, and click on the ADD button. Or, if you'd like to add all names that are visible in the box, click on ADD ALL
- If you want to add a specific group of users, such as "regular attenders", you can also click on the BY GROUP box. Then search for the name of the group in the drop down box that you'd like to add to the wave. If you want specific users in that group, select the user in the list, and hit ADD. If you want everyone in the list, click on ADD ALL.
After all users have been added to the list, you can:
- SAVE the wave and come back to it later
- Send the on-boarding invites directly from within the wave editor. To send invites, click on SEND INVITES. Doing so will send an invite email that looks like this:
If you want to come back to it later, hit SAVE. Then when you want to complete the process, navigate to ADMINISTRATION > ONBOARDING. Find the name of the wave in the list and click on it. The names of the users who will get an invite will appear on the right. Above that list, click on the SEND INVITES button when you're ready.
Once a user gets the on-boarding email, they'll want to note the Authentication Code. The authentication code will be used as a one-time shortcut for each user to quickly access their info in the church app. Once the user has the authentication code, they can download the app from the App Store or Google Play. Upon opening the app, they can enter this authentication code and it will log them right into their account.
To learn more about using the Church App once it's been configured, click here!