Setting up BluePay as your online giving vendor has a few crucial steps involved to insure proper setup. Follow the Steps below as closely as possible and work with your Seraphim rep to set up BluePay successfully.
Step 1 - You
- First, let us know that you're interested in integration with BluePay!
- Next, Email email@example.com. In that email, you'll want to request merchant information. A customer support manager from Blue Pay will reach out to you. They can explain terms, fees and contract info for you and your church. Indicate that you want to get started with your Seraphim integration. Make sure to request both a credit configuration and an ACH configuration.
- After this email, BluePay will underwrite your church, and will give you a log in for your BluePay portal.
- Once you get your login credentials, log in to your new BluePay portal.
- On the left panel, go to ADMIN > ACCOUNTS > LIST > then click on "[Your Account name]" to get to your account information page.
- From here, the you will need to note the ACCOUNT ID and the SECRET KEY. You can find the Account ID toward the top right, and the Secret Key a few lines down on the right side as well.
NOTE: It is possible to create a new key which overwrites the system generated key. DO NOT DO THIS! (Unless we say so). If you do overwrite this key, you must contact Seraphim immediately.
- After the Account id and Secret key have been noted, click on the EDIT button toward the top to edit your account info.
- Under the REBILLING POST URL field, paste in this URL: https://www.seraphimgiving.com/BluePay.aspx
- Hit SAVE
- Next, you'll want to send the Account ID and Secret Key to your Seraphim Support Rep
Step 2 - SERAPHIM
- Once you contact Seraphim, we will update this information in our database. We will then confirm with BluePay that your information has been updated correctly.
- Seraphim will then send an email to you confirming that the integration has been set up appropriately.
Step 3 - YOU
- Once you receive this confirmation from our support team, log into Seraphim
- Go to ADMINISTRATION > SETTINGS > CONTRIBUTION AND FINANCE on the left panel
- In the box on the right, you can view your list of funds.
- You must have at least one fund visible online in order for online giving to work. You can set as many as you want, but you need at least one.
- To set a specific fund available for online giving, select the fund in the fund list, click EDIT, and check the box for "Use for Online giving/Event Payment" toward the bottom.
- Hit SAVE
- Additionally, make sure to choose a fund to be the default fund. This will be the fund that is selected by default when someone gives a new gift online. To set a fund as default, click on the fund in the list to highlight it, and then click on the SET DEFAULT button.
- Next, go to: ADMINISTRATION TAB > PERMISSIONS TILE > ONLINE PAYMENT CREDENTIALS on the left > BRANDING TAB at the top.
- Enter both a one time giving message and a recurring giving message. These messages will be emailed to each giver after they set up a gift online. (There will be two more things options coming soon: a Cancellation message, and a Banner Image. Right now, the banner image is pulled from the image that is selected in the church app. Recommended image size = 1000 x 200 px)
- Email Support and let Serpahim know that you're ready for the next phase!
Step 4 - SERAPHIM
Next we must build out the giving portal web page that will be linked with your church's website.
- We will provide you with a unique URL that links to YOUR church's giving portal. It is unique to your church.
Step 5 - YOU
Now we're moving into the testing phase!
- You'll want to take the new URL for the giving portal, and link it to your website. This can either be a redirect OR you can embed it as an iframe. This should be handled by your web designer.
DISCLAIMER: In order to test online giving, you must actually give money to the church through the web portal. Because you are giving real money, don't test anything over 5 cents. The Church is responsible for reimbursing the giving tester for these tests, NOT Seraphim. The money you give, is actually going to the church.
- Once you have the URL set up and linked to your website, this page is NOW LIVE and functional.
- Go to the online giving portal.
- Check to see if your church's funds appear in the drop down menu.
- Run and complete a full test transaction (all the way through the process). Test giving with an amount equal to or less than 5 cents. At this time, ONLY CONDUCT A ONE-TIME GIFT transaction.
NOTE: We recommend running two test transactions for the one-time gift: Run one test with a credit card, and another test with a bank account (ACH).
- Once you click GIVE you should get redirected to a "SUCCESS" page.
- You should then receive an email confirming your donation.
- You should check to see if the money has indeed been taken out of that account - * ACH may take several days, this is all dependent upon the bank. As such the best way to check is with a credit card for instant viewing*
- Check to see if the money is going INTO the church's bank account as well.
- Now log into the BluePay portal, and go to PROCESSING > TRANSACTION > TRANS LIST and see if you can view these transactions taking place
- Next, log into Seraphim, and go to ADMINISTRATION > FINANCE > BATCHES. Select a batch, click on IMPORT ONLINE GIVING, and you should be able to see the online giving transactions. (Make sure the date range is properly inclusive of testing dates)
Next you'll want to test Recurring giving. Here you will be doing the same steps as the one-time giving, but for recurring giving specifically.
- Make sure to set the date to AT LEAST one day after today's date. Select WEEKLY. (No need to test 1st and 15th and/or monthly. A successful weekly test will indicate if it will work for the other recurring giving types)
- Complete your transaction as you would normally.
- Once you finish, you should receive a confirmation email.
- Next log into Seraphim, go to ADMINISTRATION > FINANCE, then click on RECURRING GIVING and you should see a list of all people that are set up as recurring givers.
NOTE: In the recurring email to the User, there is a button that you click on to cancel the recurring gift. Additionally, In Seraphim, the admin can also cancel by clicking on the X button to the right of the recurring gift.
- Users will get a receipt every time the recurring gift is withdrawn.
- The recurring gifts are also included in the IMPORT function in Finance when we're pulling over online gifts.
This should conclude the Portal testing. If these items are successful, they're good to go.
DID you know?
- Transactions in BluePay are instantly visible in Seraphim by going into the import!
- When you give, Seraphim will try to recognize. If it finds a match, it will process the transaction as your Seraphim user account. The match is based on first name, last name, phone number, and email. If it doesn't find a match, Seraphim will create a new user with that information in that community.
When you've finished testing, and you're seeing successful transactions, you can start "releasing" the new portal to your church. Make sure to let us know if you have any questions.