Using Waves to Invite Users onto the ChurchApp
To invite a user onto the ChurchApp, you will use an onboarding wave through the Onboarding Tile to send an email invite.
- Go to ADMINISTRATION > ONBOARDING
- Click on NEW WAVE
- Enter a wave name, such as "ChurchApp - Staff Onboarding"
- Under the WAVE TYPE box, select "ChurchApp"
- Enter the name of someone you'd like to add to the wave. Select their name in the list below, and hit the ADD button to move them to the recipients' list on the right.
NOTE: Users must have an email address listed on their profile in the Directory to receive an onboarding email!
- If you have a group of individuals you'd like to onboard, click on the BY GROUP tab, then search the name of the group and add as you would a single person.
- When you're ready to send the invites, click on SEND INVITES. This will trigger the emails.
- After you hit SEND, click on the SAVE button to save the wave.
The users will then receive an email with instructions on downloading the app. The invite will also include a temporary username and password.
After downloading the app, the user will open the app, and enter the temporary username and password.
After they enter the temporary username and password, they will be prompted to create their own username and password to log into the ChurchApp. The app will remember these credentials. They can then use these credentials to log into the app in the future.