What is the Engagement Model?
The engagement model is a way for you to determine how engaged someone is at your church. By using custom-defined tag lists, you can construct a personalized model of engagement on profiles.
Setting Up the Engagement Model
1. Add a Tag list to link to your Engagement Model
- Go to the SETTINGS tile, click on the TAG tab on the left
- Click on NEW TAG LIST and enter a name for the tag list, like "Engagement Model"
- Hit SAVE
2. Add Tags to the Tag list that resembles your Engagement Model components
Each tag on the tag list will represent a different component of your engagement model. For instance, add a tag titled "Completed Membership Class". You can add a tag called "Serves on a Ministry". The sky's the limit! To add a tag:
- Click NEW TAG to add a new tag to the Engagement Model tag list.
- Enter the name of the tag.
- Hit SAVE
3. Link the tag list and tags to the Engagement Model
After adding the tags to the Engagement Model tag list, now you must connect the tag list you just created to the Engagement Model itself.
- In the SETTINGS tile, click on the ENGAGEMENT MODEL tab on the left menu
- In the drop-down box, select the "Engagement Model" tag list you just created.
You will see the tags from the tag list appear with checkboxes, number values, and color selectors. These color values for each tag will display on the visual graph on each person's profile
- Check the box next to each tag you want on the engagement model.
- Choose a color for each tag.
- Enter a number for each tag to determine the weight of each component.
- Don't bother flipping the tag switches to "On". That's just a visual indicator that they are tags.
What is the weight of a tag component?
Does your church value Small Group attendance? Maybe that's more important than serving in a ministry. If that's the case, give the "Attends a Small Group" tag more weight. The weights are not listed in percentages! Think of them as "parts", like in a recipe ratio.
The Engagement Model is:
Using the Engagement Model on Individual Profiles
After adding the tags to the Engagement model, now you can actually use the Engagement Model on individual profiles.
- Go to the DIRECTORY tile and search for a name
- Go to the individual's profile
- Click on the ENGAGEMENT tab on the left menu.
- Toggle teach engagement tag by clicking on the "On/Off" switch. You'll see the engagement model graph light up with the colors you selected in the Settings.
- You can also add a specific date for each tag.
Reporting on Engagement
Once you start tracking engagement, you can track the engagement tags on a large scale in the Statistics tile.
- Go to the STATISTICS tile.
- Click on the ENGAGEMENT TAB on the left
- Here you'll see each Engagement component, with a total number of individuals in your database that has that tag "engaged" on their profile!