To make the most out of our profiles, we attach those individual profiles to Family Units for Attendance tracking, Directories, Safe Check-in, and Finances. Before we can look at merging two profiles, we’ll want to clean up our data on the Family Unit level. What we need to do is to remove both duplicate profiles from their existing family units.
This is a very easy task to complete—however, it can also be easy to forget!
These steps will guide you through the process:
- Navigate into the Directory and search for the name of the duplicate.
- Next, we’ll click on the profile’s name so that the Family Unit populates on the right side of the page.
- Click on the “Edit Family” button.
- Towards the bottom of the “Edit Family” page, you’ll see a box to “Add/Remove” members of the Family Unit.
- Select the profile you want to merge and hit the “Remove” button.
- After removing that name, be sure to click “Save”!
You’ve successfully removed one of the profiles from their Family Unit!
Repeat this process for the other Duplicate record and you’re ready to Merge.
**Refer to this article for instructions on completing the Merge**