Deleting/Undeleting a Profile from Directory:
No doubt, at some point there will be profiles in your Directory that need to be deleted.
Let’s define terms here: “Deleted” in Seraphim doesn’t actually mean permanently erasing a record. It simply puts that record into a safe zone called “Undelete” just in case you need to bring back the profile. Records that are moved to Undelete status will not show up in your Directory searches, reports, attendance---so for all intensive purposes, the profile is “Deleted”.
How to put a profile in “Undelete” (Delete a profile):
- Navigate to the Directory in Seraphim.
- Search for the name of the profile you’d like to delete.
- Click on the small blue box next to the profile name.
- Find the “Delete” button in the top right corner and click.
Great job—you’ve successfully moved this profile from the Directory to the Undelete Section!
Here’s how to bring back a record from “Undelete”:
- Click into the Directory, and find “Undelete” at the bottom of the Directory menu.
- Select the letter that corresponds to the first letter of the deleted profile’s last name.
- Click “Undelete” next to the record’s name.
Nice job! You’ll now be able to find that profile by searching in the Directory.