Here you'll see a list of issues that some of our customers have been experiencing. The good news? Our tech gurus have fixed these problems. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact Seraphim Support.
- Fixed: 1600*900 Resolution - scrollbars and menu items go below view-able resolution
- Fixed: Permissions - Access Control Group Policy - Features - Have to select box twice to change status to green (enabled)
- Fixed: Permissions - Access Control Group Policy - Features - Have to select right-hand tab to change status
- Fixed: Finance - Batches - Selecting Batch crashes Office
- Fixed: Directory - Profile - Log - Entering tab crashes Office
- Fixed: Finance - First Time Givers - Does not load data.
- Fixed: Communications - Tile no longer shows in Admin tab
- Fixed: Administration - Tiles - Administration tiles do not take into account Permissions set in Silverlight when Access Policy is not enabled.
- Fixed: Letters - Email body of all Letters sent from Office is blank
- Fixed: Finance - Event Payments - Event Types drop-down has more than one (All) option
- Fixed: Comment Boxes - Remove - Selecting OK crashes Office
- Fixed: Permissions - Cannot access Save, Delete, and Merge when Group Access is enabled, even if you are assigned those roles.
- Fixed: Attendance - Take Attendance - Switching between event and groups causes Seraphim Office to freeze and eventually crash.
- Fixed: Onboarding - Entering tile crashes Office
- Fixed: Directory - Search - Selecting Enter before you type in anything crashes Office
- Fixed: Suncoast - Facilities - Entering tile crashes Office
- Fixed: Directory - Group Explorer - Selecting will crash Office
- Fixed: Directory - Groups - Searching for a group by name doesn't provide suggested results
We're constantly making new adjustments and improvements in our system. We want to grow with you and your church. Let us know if you have any questions
- Feature: We've made it easier for you to get work done fast. Seraphim Office now includes "Your most used Tiles" under the Lobby when you click on the Seraphim Office icon in the top left. Seraphim Office memorizes where you go frequently and shows you most commonly visited tiles. Reducing the number of clicks you need to travel from point to point in the application
- Feature: We've added a new Group Policy feature for managing roles of users and their authorization to the system. Instead of tracking each person's permissions, we now support access groups that are tied to functionality. Adding a person to these groups, automatically applies these rights to them. We will honor both methods of permissions until December 1, 2017 and then will be solely group-based. This will be much easier for managing users and knowing exactly who has what features. You can learn more here.
- Feature: Speaking of groups, we now support a few new ways to enforce group permissions. In the past if you wanted to edit another person's group definition and they were unavailable to make you a Group Manager, you could go into the Settings Tile and disable Group Protection. The problem was that was only good for that session. Now you can alter how the system works universally for your church in the Permission Tile under Group Management. You can permanently choose to work without Group Protection, allowing you to edit any group definition. Some of you want to be on the other side of the fence, allowing very specific people to not only change groups, but controlling who can see them at all. For this we have added a new feature called "Group Permissions." Group Permissions is the analog of Group Managers, for who can see the group. Group Managers can change the group, Group Permissions enforces who can see the group.
You can Enforce Group Permissions from the Permission Tile under Group Management. The nice thing is we let you ease into these roles when you're ready. Work how you want to work.
- Feature: Announcements have been moved away from the Lobby dashboard and now has its own tile in Administration. Announcements currently are universal, as they have been, but soon, Announcements will be Channel-based. Allowing you to target specific groups of people with very specific messages. This is the opposite of email, where items are "pushed" to your congregants. This will allow a "pull-based" communication with congregants. There could be many kinds of secure channels: elders, deacons, building projects, adoption, youth and teen groups. The possibilities are endless.
- Feature: Prevention of Event Double-Booking. Seraphim Office now enables you to turn on the enforcement of stopping any double-booking of a room before it happens. This setting is found in Permissions under Event Approval. If you try to book an event and a room conflict exists it will show you what room the conflict is occurring and disable saving the event until the conflict is resolved.
- Feature: Granular Permissions for Finance. Seraphim now provides through Group Policy (see above) the ability to dole out different financial permissions per tile. Now you can provide the Generosity dashboard to the pastor, if he wants it without all the other finance tiles coming along in tow.
- Feature: Generosity Dash now includes giving by age. Ever wonder what the giving at the church will look like in 10-20 years? You can get an early look by seeing how people give now by age. Compare Boomers to Generation X to Millennials.
- Feature: Generosity Dash now predicts how the year will end for you in the Giving by Year Dashboard. This is a straight-line prediction, based on the amount coming in per month.
- Feature: WorkTeams now replaces The Stream. For many years, Seraphim has been on a quest to link together people in fast new ways to communicate about events and tasks and projects that come up suddenly and then disband. We've tried to do this a number of times, but in each case, we were missing something. Sometimes the team needed to be started by individuals, not the back office and sometimes documents needed to be shared easily, but also protected by who could see the information in the document. WorkTeams allows anyone to create a workteam, share messages and documents and it notifies you if there's something new to read. WorkTeams now extends to the ChurchApp as well. WorkTeams is a great addition to Projects and Tasks.
- Feature: Event Payment now supports "Pay on Site." Seraphim Office now provides an option for Events/Event Payment to specify that you want to allow "Payment on Site." Clicking this button during payment allows a user to register and specify what they are purchasing or signing up for, but then skip the payment and pay later at the time of the event. The "Pay On Site" button fires all the actions you would expect, sending confirmation letters, turning the payment on for tracking, etc.
- Feature: SmartForms now include a live preview, you can find this under the Design Menu while you are building your smart form.
- Feature: We've tried to make Seraphim faster in most areas where you are dealing with lots of information. The Calendar in the Events Tile and Ministry Planner are two examples of this speed up. You can also see big speedups in viewing Mailings, Collections for Smart Forms and Pledges in Finance.
- Feature: Achievements - Seraphim Office now tracks how far into the application you've ventured, encouraging you to discover new features. This will enable us to understand how to help you get the most out of Seraphim. Each time you accomplish a new task, we keep track of that.
- Feature: ChurchApp designer - Seraphim Office now protects the settings and style of your ChurchApp, when you enter this tile, you must show your intention to modify the skin of the application by clicking "Edit App." This keeps mistakes from happening to the look and feel of the ChurchApp.