Setting up Delegates
Delegates are a vital part of child check-in for every ministry. Here are some tips and guidelines on how to set up your delegates!
There are many different ways that families (who use delegates for check-in) might be organized in your database. In either of the following cases, multiple family units need to be able to check the child in, which means that both family units need to be attached to the child’s profile.
This might sound complicated…but it’s not!
Let’s walk through a few simple steps.
Scenario #1. Parent vs. Grandparent (separate family units)
- Click into the Directory and find the family unit of the Parents who claims the child in the database.
- Navigate into Edit Family, and add Grandparent to the family unit.
- Now, re-search for Parents’ last name, click on their name, and view their family on the family pop-up screen.
- You will see Grandparent’s name there. All you need to do is to click on the dropdown directly underneath their name, and change their family role to “Delegate".
- You’ve successfully added a delegate so that multiple separate family units can check in the same child.
Scenario #2. Separated Parents checking in same child (again--separate family units)
- We’ll click into the family unit of the Parent (1) who claims the child in the database.
- Navigate into Edit Family, and add Parent 2 to the family unit.
- Now, re-search for Parent 1’s last name, click on their name, and view their family on the family pop-up screen.
- You will see Parent 2’s name there. All you need to do is to click on the dropdown directly underneath their name, and change their family role to “Delegate”.
- Congratulations. That’s all it takes to set up both of these delegate scenarios!
**Note: This process can be used to connect more than two family units if a family needs more than one delegate.**
Now that we’ve set up our Delegates on the Family Unit level, let’s observe how this would play out in Safe Check-In.
- Navigate to the Safe Check-In tile in Administration.
- Select your Check-In station, Date, and choose "Last Name" as your search method.
- Now type in the name of the DELEGATE, and the child will populate to be checked in.